Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 2- MTC

Pues pues pues, Que tenemos aqui? (English: well well well, what do we have here?... sorta.) As we found out this week, a lot of our phrases in English don't exactly translate to Espanol. Our teacher laughs at us when we try to directly translate them. This past week has been so fun and filled with a lot of ups and some humbling experiences hahaha. 

We started doing our TRC's on Monday. A TRC is when you are assigned a person, given a brief description of their life provided by them and you go and teach them. Our description was FOUR sentences long. FOUR?! They tell us that the people that we teach are real HOWEVER I saw her garments peaking out on her shoulder.. bahaha you can't fool me. Anyways, shes from Columbia and is a native spanish speaker and she speaks SO fast. We come out of there exhausted because we translate what she just said into English and then what we want to say from English into Spanish. We got to know her the first time and then bore our testimonies. She told us she believed that the Godhead was one person so we decided that our next lesson would be on what believe about the Godhead. We planned our lesson out and then translated it to Espanol. The lesson went a lot better than we could have expected. It was frustrating sometimes because she would ask a question and we knew exactly what we wanted to say.. but in English.. not Espanol. But we are progressing a lot quicker in the language than what we thought so that's good. We are hoping our next lesson on Friday goes even better. My companion and I also taught relief society on Sunday. Our lesson was "Recognizing the Holy Ghost". We watched a video called "The voice of the spirit" by James E. Faust and I recommend you all watch it :). I loved teaching relief society because that was in English so my brain didn't hurt as much. 

I am still loving the MTC and exercise time is my favorite because we just go play some volleyball with our zone. I have made a lot of new friends and it's so fun. I've learned so much here already and its only been like two weeks? Four more to go! Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...