Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thankful for Pepto-Bismol and dresses with pockets!

Hola todos!!!!! This week was soooo fun and such an adventure! 

My beautiful comp and I:



Pepto-bismol was a life saver this past wednesday. We were eating at a members house and I all of a sudden felt soooo sick. I got up to go to the bathroom and ended up just barely making it to the bathroom before I threw up. It was AWFUL. I felt so out of it and I thought I was actually dying. I guess I was in the bathroom for a while because my companion had to come find me haha whoops. The lady we were eating with is like our mom and she gave me all the pepto-bismol that would fit in my pocket. She was so sweet about it. I guess my body is still not used to all the beans and rice and tortillas it has been fed. We went home for the rest of the evening haha. I have started running in the mornings here because all of the tortillas and rice and beans I get fed is crazy.

THANKSGIVING!! Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite American Holidays. We ate thanksgiving dinner with a family that knows my family in New Zealand. It was really cool to talk to them and be able to talk about things that I grew up with. (MUM WE TALKED ABOUT SHORTLAND STREET AND MCLEOD'S DAUGHTERS!!!). They were really cool and it was fun to be around them. I look like I could be her daughter apparently. Her husband is from Iraq and his family was there too. Very different cultures to be mixed but very fun. I had prime rib for dinner too. It was a little rare for me but I think Marlowe and dad would have loved it.I actually missed Marlowe's stuffing this year. I had two different types and it was not as good. The food was amazing and my comp and I thought we were going to explode, but good thing we wore dresses without waistbands hehe.


 We had a dinner with a member this week and she would not stop making tortillas. I couldn't handle anymore so when she wasn't looking I grabbed some and wrapped them in napkins and shoved them in my pockets. My comp did the same thing BUT she didn't have pockets so we did a little pass off in the middle of the prayer. We both about lost it during the prayer but we managed to keep it together until we left.
Us and our tortillas we shoved in our pockets!

Another lady makes us tamales every week now and brings them to church so we have had lunch every Sunday. Very sweet of her but man she brings us a lot.


This week we have been really trying to find people to teach. It has been a little harder because the sunsets at like 4:30pm and no one wants to talk to us when it's dark :(. We found two people that had genuine interest and one guy that we handed to the English elders. It's the best feeling when people want to hear more and make time for you to come back. Especially when you have had so many people tell you they aren't interested. So we are excited to start teaching them this week!! Saturday night we had been out all day and were exhausted and a little discouraged because no one wanted to talk to us haha so we decided that we were going to make cookies for a member that has been going through a hard time and write a little note for her telling her how grateful we are for her. We figured that since we were only going to drop them off at her door and run that we could just wear our flip flops. BIG MISTAKE. I knocked on her door and we started running away. I got to the bottom of her drive way and went to turn and totally lost my flip flops in the middle of it. But I didn't want her to catch us so I just kept running. We hid behind a truck and we waited for a long time. Me and my comp were DYING of laughter. So much so that she totally heard us. When she saw what had happened she started laughing so hard that she had to run inside to go to the bathroom so she wouldn't pee her pants. It was super nice to be laughing super hard (and for those of you who know my laugh, you know dang well that I was wheezing haha) after such a bummy day.
Cool frijoles!


Yesterday Quinn and Ellen came and saw me!!!! For those of you who don't know who that is, it's my BFFs Sister and brother in law!! The Gregoires are basically my second family. But it was so nice to see them and and catch up with them. They have been such a blessing in my life and I am SO grateful for them!! Shout out the Gregoire fam for kickstarting Christmas ❤


Anyways, this week was so fun and me and my comp are having such a good time. The mission has taught me a lot and made me realize that I can do things that I never thought possible, like speak Spanish. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that one day I would be able to even understand Spanish past the point of "Hola". It has taught me that with the help of Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost, nothing is impossible. Learning to rely on the Holy Ghost has been quite the process and I am still learning to, but it has blessed me so much.

I hope you all have a good week this week!!! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!
The only tree that knows it's the end of November!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...