Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 1- MTC



Hola everyone!

This past week at the MTC has been sooo busy but such a blast! I've learned so much and the Spanish is coming along nicely. It's been difficult to form sentences but now I say my prayers and bear my testimony and teach lessons in it. They're very short and concise prayers, testimonies, and lessons but esta bien! We did an activity on Saturday where we had to find other missionaries and bear our testimonies to them in espanol. I don't really think my sentences were actual sentences but I made sure I would pick people who weren't learning Spanish so they wouldn't know either. They just smiled and said "wow that was amazing!".




Little side note, the day I got dropped off, I walked up the stairs and saw Sister Phillips right away, it was so cool and made everything feel a lot more normal. I saw her a ton and we loved being able to see each other. She left Monday morning and it was hard to say bye but it'll be a quick 18 months.


My District- I have probably the best district ever so let me introduce them to you.


Hermana Davies- This is my companion and we are the only Hermanas in our district. She's from Ogden and she is super nice. She's really quiet and timid so she likes me to be the one to talk to people first, which is nice because I am getting used to just talking to people.






Elder Probert- This is our district leader, he is from West Haven, UT and is going to Washington DC. He is very responsible and can talk to people really easily. He is doing really well at being the district leader and has a lot of energy, so I guess it's good that he's it.

Elder Nielson- Elder Probert's companion. He is from Salt Lake and is going to San Antonio Texas. He is a cross country kid and is super funny and nice. He likes to talk a lot and I think he hates having silence so he will just say random things. It really fun and we all go with it.

Elder Morrison- I believe that he was born in Virginia but he has lived in the Phillipines for the past 10 years and he is going to Alaska. He is the funniest one in the district and has everyone in tears laughing every single second. He is very outgoing and says whatever comes to his mind. He plays a ton of instruments and can sing really well.

Elder Timmerman- Elder Morrison's companion. He's from Holladay and is going to Altanta Georgia. Timmerman is soooo nice and loves musicals so we talk about Les Mis a lot and we randomly break out in song. It's hilarious.

Elder Veres- From Fresno California and is going to SAN DIEGO with Hma. Davies and I. He did a year at BYU before coming on a mission because he graduated at 17. He is very tall and super good at memorizing our phrases in Spanish. He talks super fast and I think he gets nervous trying to make converstaion.

Elder Robinson- Elder Veres Companion. He is from West Jordan and is going to Salem Oregon. He is definitely the quiet one in the group but probably the smartest. He is veryyyyy nice and helps everyone with their pronounciation of spanish.

Elder Lazerson- He is from Salt Lake and is going to Mexico. He is totally that kid that made weird comments in class but he is hillarious. His Spanish accent is probably the worst I have ever heard so I can't wait to hear him when hes fluent. Fun fact: He has super long blonde hair that was longer than mine. I will try and send a picture later. He also falls asleep frequently.

Elder Sabin- From Seattle and is going to Mexico. He is also another quiet one, he is quite shy but very insightful with scriptures and fun to try and talk to.

Elder Gunderson- From Salt Lake and is going to Mexico. Elder Gunderson is hillarious but he speaks way too fast and it can be hard to understand him somtimes haha. His Spanish is probably even worse.

I totallly destroy my whole district in four square, it's the best. They are only 4 Hermanas in our zone but we are doubling in size today. They're used to be like 24 Hermanas but they left right before we got here.

Also my companion wanted to do choir sooooo I do choir too.. It was actually really fun and I made it on the camera lol MTC FAMOUS?! We sang an arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives and I still sing it all the time. The devotional on Tuesday (Last night) was amazing and made me so excited to go teach people!

Anyways, I am loving it here. I see so many people I went to school with and I am learning so much. I miss all of you guys! Pray that my Spanish gets better before I say the next district prayer because my first one was a little rough, yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...