Monday, November 19, 2018

Hispanic wedding receptions are CRAZY!

HOLA TODOS!!!

Another great week full of crazy adventures and sunshine. Last Tuesday we went to a trampoline park with a bunch of elders and sisters and it was so much fun. I guess a member owns the place and so missionaries get in for free whoot whoot! We were there for like 4 hours so we slept good that night haha!

Every Wednesday we have been having Book of Mormon class with an older couple in the ward, Ralph y Juanita. We read about 2-3 chapters and then talk about it. It's been super nice and has been really helping me with my Spanish, especially pronunciation. Ralph is trying to improve his English because he doesn't really speak any so he reads in English, and it helps me to be more comfortable reading in Spanish because he understands the struggle of learning a new language. We love reading with them, especially since they have two cute little doggies hehe.

We met again with Karen this week and she is so awesome. She had a really tough week with her baby but she told us that she has started reading the Book of Mormon in the morning before Sally wakes up and she is amazed at how much it has been changing her attitude. She feels like the Book of Mormon was written just for her because everything seems to relate to her. I LOVE that! It's so amazing that a book written in a totally different time period can help so many different people today with anything. It really is the word of God and another testament of Jesus Christ. I love it so much. Reading it in Spanish has really made me focus on the words and what they're really trying to say. So amazing.

Saturday was by far the best day this week! We went to a birthday party at the chapel which ended up being such a great opportunity for missionary work. There was a group of boys (seniors in highschool) and they were doing a high school project where they had to pick one religion and find more out about it. They picked "mormonism" haha cute. But they were from a nondenominational Christian church and asked some really good questions. They were really respectful and it was really cool to have a conversation about their beliefs. After the birthday party we went door knocking. We had only knocked 3 doors when my trainor turned to the side and threw up. She threw up like 4 more times on the way to the car so we decided to go home. She laid down for a while, but she felt great when she woke up. That night we had a wedding reception for a couple in our ward, Ricardo and Vanessa and oh my gosh. It was nuts. We had so much fun. There was "Mexican line dancing" and horchata galore. So much fun.

We had my first presidents devotional on Sunday and it was all in Spanish. It was so fun to listen to the testimonies of some of the recent converts and hear their different conversion stories. The Spanish speaking sisters did a musical number. We sang "Señor, te necesito" or "I need thee every hour". Some of the members of our ward came to watch us sing which was super sweet of them!

I love all of the members in the ward. They are really patient with me and my broken Spanish haha and they all try and help me when I don't know exactly how to say something. All of the women tell us that they are our temporary mom's which makes being here really fun. I'm loving every single second of my mission. Sorry for the semi long email but honestly it could be longer. Too many good things happen to write about. Till next week!!

Photos-

My companions and I with a cheesecake that one of our investigators made us! (Yes I'm already in pjs while they're still in dresses..)




Very happy girl, because Vegemite!




The beach



Our evening conversations always end up being on one bed bc our zone leaders tell us spooky stories so we get scared haha



Thank you for all the emails, I really appreciate them😊


Love you all!
- Hermana Wolferstan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...