Wednesday, November 21, 2018

If it's spicy going in, it's spicy coming out

Hola everyone!!!!

This week has been sooo fun and full of so many amazing experiences. Time is flying by but I guess that's what happens when you're having fun! San Diego is getting "cold" and by cold I mean below 70 degrees sometimes hahaha. I LOVE the sun and the warmer weather!!

This week Hermana Batchelor and I had so much fun. On Wednesday we did a little bit of cleaning in the apartment and rearranged the rooms because we now only have the 2 of us instead of 3. We have a lot of space now and it has been great haha.

My comp and I, it's black and white because she wanted to hide how grown out her hair was and LOOK I did my hair for once, haven't done it since the first week in the MTC haha.


And another selfie.


On Thursday we had a meeting with the bishop and the other elders in our ward. He is so great!! He is really trying to get the ward to be better member missionaries and acknowledged that our ward mission leader was crazy and hinted that he might be replaced soon. Don't get me wrong, Hermano Dantes is really nice but is loco fo sure so a change would be nice! We went finding later in the afternoon and found  lady that wanted us to come back!! We were so excited! Finding people has been really hard lately so that was really fun for us.

FRIDAY!!! Friday by far was my favorite day this week!! We went to La Jolla for a doctors appointment for my comp and on the way there we get a call from an 801 number.. Utah!! We answer it and it's TINA GREGOIRE!! For those of you who don't know, Tina is my best friends mom and basically another mom to me too haha. She was in San Diego and we happened to be pretty close to each other. So we totally met up for lunch and it was SO fun!! I had a blast just talking and catching up! After we said bye (sad face), Hermana Batchelor and I went to an appointment with Karen. Karen is still progressing so well, we just need her to come to church. She has a car now and should be able to make it this Sunday, so fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes, lungs, and everything crossed that it works out. We then had an appointment with a referral that we have been trying to meet up with for so long. It finally worked out and we went and saw her. She is totally excited about learning more and really loved the scriptures that we read together from the Book of Mormon. It is sometimes kind of nerve racking to bring up the Book Of Mormon to Catholics BUT I love talking about it and bearing my testimony of it. It is such a powerful book!!

Last night, we had dinner and FHE with the Gomez family and a set of elders from our ward. She made these things called "Poppers". Basically it is a whole Jelepeno wrapped in bacon. They said if we could finish 3 of them, they would give us our own little thing of ice cream. Challenge accepted and accomplished. My comp and I and the elders all downed the poppers and got our ice cream hehe. I definitely just stuck my lips in the ice cream for a good solid 3 minutes. They were on FIRE. But just like my subject heading says.. "if it's spicy going in, it's spicy coming out"..... Yikes.

Selfies in the laundromat with Lily and Lulu, we have been helping they're mom out with household stuff and this week it was laundry!!



Anyways, I had a blast this past week and I am looking forward to this next week!!! I love you all and I really appreciate all of your emails! Till next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...