Monday, November 19, 2018

Conquering my lactose intolerance, one quesadilla at a time


Hola todos!!

This week has been amazing and so fun. I've honestly lost track of how many cheese quesadillas I've eaten (also I'm not conquering the lactose intolerance, it's conquering me haha) but I love quesadillas so much, yikes.

This email is going to be short because I don't have a lot of time left sorry haha, I'll just write about my favorite parts of the week!

This week we were able to meet with one of the ladies that we're teaching. Her name is Karen and has a little baby girl named Sally. It's been kind of hard to meet with her because Sally was born premature and they have a lot of doctors appointments. But on Monday we committed her to baptism on January 5th!! She needs to get married to her boyfriend in order to get baptized but she said that she's going to propose to him so they can get married faster and so she can be baptized faster haha she is SO cute!! But we are so excited to continue teaching her and getting to know Her!

This week for service we harvested willows and cottonwood along the San Diego river bank. It was really fun but there was a homeless camp in the bushes and the homeless people were day drunk and trying to hug us haha so that was really fun. We get to go help re- plant them in a few weeks so we're super excited about that!



On Saturday the Oteo family took us to chick fill a. The Oteo's are a younger family in our ward and are so fun. They have two little boys and they are adorable. They're seriously the best. They love taking us to get ice cream so it's been really great with them hahaha! I love them so much!



That night, one of my companions got really sick and she ended up falling asleep on the living room floor. My other companion and I felt bad so we dragged our blankets out into the living room and slept on the floor too. Definitely wasn't our best night of sleep haha.



Sunday!! Sunday was so fun! I finally got to meet the whole ward! We had ward council in the morning and it was all in Spanish and I was completely lost, so hopefully my Spanish improves haha. But everyone in the ward is so nice and very patient with me and my Spanish. I LOVE the Hispanic people so much. We also had Mayra come to church with her whole family (the Ambriz family). They've been inactive for a while so hopefully they keep coming!!

Our zone leaders



I've also eaten so really interesting food this week too: cactus bulb/flower things, pozole, and things I don't even know what they are. My tastebuds are a little confused sometimes haha.



Well I don't have a ton of time left so that's it for this week! I am SO excited for this next week! I love being a missionary so much, in just the two weeks that I have been out here I have learned, experienced, and felt so much. The spirit is definitely helping me every step of the way and I am so grateful. Small miracles occur everyday and I can see God's hand in my life constantly. I love you all and I hope you all have an amazing week!

-Hermana Wolferstan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...