Monday, November 19, 2018

Door knocking is the best


Hola todos!!! 

This week has been so fun and I hope you are all having as much fun as I am!! 

Things are getting spooky over here because of Halloween and it's SO fun (for the most part). Our zone leaders have been telling us some pretty spooky stories, which probably hasn't been too good for me because I've nightmares for a couple nights! Whoops haha. But a lot of the people that we teach and that are in our ward don't celebrate Halloween, they celebrate Dia de Los Muertos, and Dia de Los Angeles. We're really excited to see how they celebrate that and how different it will be from Halloween. 



It's such a struggle to know what the write about because so much happens, so I'll just write about my favorite day this week! 

My favorite day this week was definitely Saturday. We went door knocking in a few trailer parks. It was a really beautiful day so we stopped to take a photo. All of a sudden we hear "is everything okay out here?" And we look around and find this guy with just his head sticking out of his door. We said yeah and told him who we were and what we were doing and his response was "oh yeah I love talking about Jesus, you can come into my house ANYTIME, here come on in, BUT WAIT, I've gotta get clothes on, I'm naked". We just stood a little back from his door, a little shocked and were debating if we should run, laugh, cry, or all three. We decided to stay and we talked to him in his drive way and oh boy, that conversation was hillarious. He offered us beer, swore like a sailor and told us we were his angels. We couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny. We gave him a Book of Mormon and got his info and left. We will definitely be passing him along to the elders haha. Another funny story from that same trailer park: we were knocking on this one door and only the screen door was closed so we could see in. We knocked and about 5 seconds later my trainer farts so loudly. The door was open so people inside definitely heard and we had to run away before anyone came to the door because we were dying of laughter. 
This was the prettiest little trailer park home-


We have the best of fun knocking doors, and we find so many different kinds of people. It's so fun to be able to talk to people from all kinds of backgrounds, and I love every single one of them. It sounds weird saying that but I really do. I've already learned so much in the short time that I've been out here and I love it. Missions are the best!! 

Anyways, Thank you for all of your emails and support! It really means a lot to me! I love you all and hope that you all have a spooky halloween!!! 

-Hermana Wolferstan 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...