Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Companions w/ El Presidente?!

Hola todos from STILL sunny San Diego!! I still cant believe that it's January and we are still having 84 degree days. I am CONVINCED I am in paradise hahaha.

This week I got to be companions with my mission President, President Stubbs. BEST. (half). DAY. EVER. Kind of. One of the sisters I was on exchanges with got sick and had to go to the ER and so we met President Stubbs and Sister Stubbs there. She is doing just fine so no need to worry but that meant the I got to go with President Stubbs for about 5 hours and do some errands. It was really cool because he told me about his life and his kids and it was nice to be able to get to know him more. I love President & Sister Stubbs soooo much and I'm so grateful that I get to serve in the same mission as them. After that, he dropped me off in Imperial Beach with my companion and the sister she was on exchanges with. Super fun, President also told me that I'd serve in Imperial Beach and El Centro, so we will see if that comes true haha. Since we didn't really get to do a full exchange with those sisters, we will be doing them later this week, hopefully with no ER trips.

We also got to go on exchanges with Sisters Smith and Joyce. Sister Smith came to be with me in City Heights. We had SO much even though no one answered their door the whole day except for the last door we knocked on at 8 that night. We knocked on a former investigator's door. His name is Rafael and he has a wife named Gloria. We talked with him out on his porch and he said we could come back next Friday!! We are hoping that things work out this time around for him and Gloria. Sister Smith is such a great missionary and I'm really hoping that we get to be companions some day.

Unfortunately, this week one of our investigators moved to LA. It was really last minute, but she called us and told us she still wants to keep learning and as soon as she is in her apartment and settled in, she'll send her address so we can send some missionaries up there to her. We were sad but I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for her in LA.

I don't know why my favorite face is now sticking my tongue out?



Yesterday, we had the opportunity to participate in a huge service at Balboa Park. It was in honor of MLK day. We cleaned the parks and my companion and I and the elders in our district went to the cactus garden. It was super fun apart from when I got stinging needle all over my arms. BUT lucky we were in a garden with some aloe vera haha.

Service with Sisters Rooks and Morales


I'm super excited for this week and fingers crossed that Raquel is baptized this time next week!!! We are so excited for her and we are hoping everything works out with her! We also have another lesson tonight with a guy named Antonio. He wants to get baptized but has been so busy with his work schedule that he hasn't been able to meet but we have something scheduled finally!!

BEACH AGAIN FOR PDAY :)


I don't have much else to write about but I wanted to share a scripture that I came across the other day. The scripture is John 14:18 - "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you"

I love this scripture and I love the comfort that the Gospel, the Holy Ghost, prayer, church etc can bring you. But most importantly i love the comfort that Jesus Christ brings me. There is no other person that understands us completely like He does. I'm so grateful for Him and that I can find comfort in Him.

I'm super excited for this next week, tonight we are doing exchanges with SISTER BATCHELOR!!! I can not wait!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy the snow hahaha. I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transfer PDay!!

Wowowowow so much to say and not enough time!! This week was pure craziness so I'll try to get everything in Haha. This week was my co...